Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security

Your Apple ID Verification Code is: xxxx why I’m keep going this message I did use my Apple ID

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:11 AM

A 4-digit verification code would be sent to your "trusted" device when you attempt to log into a non-trusted one with your Apple ID. It is part of Apple's earlier 2-Step Verification security method for the Apple ID. That is why you are seeing it on your phone.

Now why you are getting it if you are not trying to log into a non-trusted device, is potentially because someone else knows your Apple ID credentials and is trying to use them on a non-trusted device. As KiltedTim has mentioned this could mean that your Apple ID is compromised and you should immediately change your ID's password.

Ref: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 8:11 AM in response to nayereh64

A 4-digit verification code would be sent to your "trusted" device when you attempt to log into a non-trusted one with your Apple ID. It is part of Apple's earlier 2-Step Verification security method for the Apple ID. That is why you are seeing it on your phone.

Now why you are getting it if you are not trying to log into a non-trusted device, is potentially because someone else knows your Apple ID credentials and is trying to use them on a non-trusted device. As KiltedTim has mentioned this could mean that your Apple ID is compromised and you should immediately change your ID's password.

Ref: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.