Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari reloading webpage while working on my Wix site.

I purchased the 8gb M1 MBP and when I worked on my website it would reload due to significant memory usage and I would lose my work. So I went ahead and bought the M1 Mac Mini 16gb and it’s still happening even though It’s not using up all of the memory. Is there a way to stop the reload from happening?

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:45 PM

tone1025 Said:

"Safari reloading webpage while working on my Wix site.: I purchased the 8gb M1 MBP and when I worked on my website it would reload due to significant memory usage and I would lose my work. So I went ahead and bought the M1 Mac Mini 16gb and it’s still happening even though It’s not using up all of the memory. Is there a way to stop the reload from happening?"

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. Create a new Admin:

See what happens when you create a new administrator user. If you do not get the error, then it is something configured in your current user.

B. Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

Boot into Safe Mode and then Clear your Temporary Internet Files of Safari:

In Depth:

• Booting into Safe Mode:

[hold down shift upon boot until the login screen appears]. See if this is still an issue. Safe Mode lets items run as default, without changes whatsoever. That is possible because caches of your macOS are temporarily disabled while in Safe Mode

• Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

C. Contact the Site:

Using a different computer or a mobile device, see if there is a Contact Us link on the site, and ask them for assistance. See what they have to say in this.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 8:45 PM in response to tone1025

tone1025 Said:

"Safari reloading webpage while working on my Wix site.: I purchased the 8gb M1 MBP and when I worked on my website it would reload due to significant memory usage and I would lose my work. So I went ahead and bought the M1 Mac Mini 16gb and it’s still happening even though It’s not using up all of the memory. Is there a way to stop the reload from happening?"

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. Create a new Admin:

See what happens when you create a new administrator user. If you do not get the error, then it is something configured in your current user.

B. Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

Boot into Safe Mode and then Clear your Temporary Internet Files of Safari:

In Depth:

• Booting into Safe Mode:

[hold down shift upon boot until the login screen appears]. See if this is still an issue. Safe Mode lets items run as default, without changes whatsoever. That is possible because caches of your macOS are temporarily disabled while in Safe Mode

• Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

C. Contact the Site:

Using a different computer or a mobile device, see if there is a Contact Us link on the site, and ask them for assistance. See what they have to say in this.

Safari reloading webpage while working on my Wix site.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.