Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse, right clicking does not work

I have an issue with one of my Macs, where it refuses to accept right- clicking. Control -click work. Tried two different mice with USB connection, one Apple and one Logitec and both work fine. Tried with two Magic Mouse 2 and none of them works in this respect. All other functions work fine. Both mice works fine when I tried them on another Mac. Tried the usual procedures with deleting the related preference items as describe on this list and nothing works. The Mac is an old 27 inch late 2012 iMac running on 10.14.6. It should also be mentioned that this happened after a hard disk crash, so at present it runs the OS from a Samsung T7 external 1 TB SSD drive after a Time Machine recovery.

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 1:37 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 17, 2021 2:25 PM in response to TouchCAD

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

If it still persists after the normal reboot log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide.

Magic Mouse, right clicking does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.