You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Secondary SIM become No Service while using Primary SIM

I’m using iPhone 12 Pro Max (iOS 14.4.2) with 2 SIM cards. When I am talking over the phone using the Primary Line, the secondary Line will turn to No Service. Anyone having the same problem? Thanks!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 12:32 PM

Hi Corrie,

Thanks for your reply!

I am using dual SIM with two nano SIM cards and it’s actually working on my phone. However, when I am using one of the line for a voice call, the other line will become No Service. After the call, it will resume normal. And I find that this issue will not happen if WiFi call is turned on.

Not sure this is a software bug or technically not supported by iOS at this moment.

Thanks anyway!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2021 12:32 PM in response to Corrie84

Hi Corrie,

Thanks for your reply!

I am using dual SIM with two nano SIM cards and it’s actually working on my phone. However, when I am using one of the line for a voice call, the other line will become No Service. After the call, it will resume normal. And I find that this issue will not happen if WiFi call is turned on.

Not sure this is a software bug or technically not supported by iOS at this moment.

Thanks anyway!

Apr 20, 2021 6:35 AM in response to nelnelson

nelnelson,

Thank you for returning to the Apple Support Communities with this information. What you're describing sounds like expected behavior. Only one number at a time can use cellular data. This is why the other will function on Wi-Fi but will not offer a connection to cellular data.

To view this information and more, you can revisit this page: Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best regards!

Apr 17, 2021 12:27 PM in response to nelnelson

Hello, nelnelson!

From your post, it sounds like you are looking for information about using two SIM cards on your iPhone. We're glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We will do all we can to help get you pointed in the right direction.

It sounds like you are Using Dual SIM with an eSIM or Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards (depending on your location and device) and want information on how they work together with each other. These links should provide more insight. Also, make sure your carrier supports this feature as well. Here's how to Find wireless carriers that offer eSIM service.

Additionally, check out this guide for what to do If Dual SIM with an eSIM isn't working on your iPhone. We hope this information helps you out.

Have a great day!

Secondary SIM become No Service while using Primary SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.