Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my keyboard layout on my magic keyboard for my Ipad Pro 12.9?

Hi, I am about to buy a magic keyboard case for my Ipad pro. And I just wonder if I can change my keyboard layout from qwerty to azerty french or vice versa when I want to.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 5:42 AM

jincheol wrote:

Hi, I am about to buy a magic keyboard case for my Ipad pro. And I just wonder if I can change my keyboard layout from qwerty to azerty french or vice versa when I want to.

Yes, when you hardware keyboard is connected, you can set the mapping as you want for your hardware keyboard in settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 5:42 AM in response to jincheol

jincheol wrote:

Yes, when you hardware keyboard is connected, you can set the mapping as you want for your hardware keyboard in settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard

Apr 17, 2021 9:38 AM in response to jincheol

Hi jincheol,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about switching keyboard layouts on your iPad. We're happy to help.

"On iPad, you can turn typing features, such as spell checking, on or off; add keyboards for writing in different languages; and change the layout of your onscreen or wireless keyboard."

You can find this information and other helpful details in the guide here: Add or change keyboards on iPad

Additionally, if you need help setting up your Magic Keyboard check out the steps here: Set up and use Magic Keyboard for iPad

Best!

Can I change my keyboard layout on my magic keyboard for my Ipad Pro 12.9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.