Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to download you tube videos for offline viewing on a mini i pad

how to download you tube videos for offline viewing on a mini i pad when there is no WiFi or cellular connections

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 3:21 PM

If you use a third party Web browser, like Mozilla Firefox and install a third party YT download extension from Mozilla's extensions/add-on library, you will be able to download YT videos to your PC and using Apple iTunes, copy these YT videos to iTunes.

Then connect your iPad to your PC, using iTunes sync these YT videos to your iPad.

No YT subscription needed.

You may have to pay a relatively small one time fee to the developer of the Firefox YT extension maker for the use of these downloader estension, but that is it.

It will take some time to download these YT videos, using these YT download extensions/add-ons for Firefox, but most of these do work.

I use one of these Firefox YT downloader extensions all the time do download content from YT.

Best of Luck to You!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 3:21 PM in response to kimberlee248

If you use a third party Web browser, like Mozilla Firefox and install a third party YT download extension from Mozilla's extensions/add-on library, you will be able to download YT videos to your PC and using Apple iTunes, copy these YT videos to iTunes.

Then connect your iPad to your PC, using iTunes sync these YT videos to your iPad.

No YT subscription needed.

You may have to pay a relatively small one time fee to the developer of the Firefox YT extension maker for the use of these downloader estension, but that is it.

It will take some time to download these YT videos, using these YT download extensions/add-ons for Firefox, but most of these do work.

I use one of these Firefox YT downloader extensions all the time do download content from YT.

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 16, 2021 1:07 PM in response to kimberlee248

Also,

Can you please confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on aluminium back of your iPad in small print right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

Please answer all questions asked.

how to download you tube videos for offline viewing on a mini i pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.