Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to add someone to a group chat, after pushing i, there is no Add contact at the end of details list. please help.

I am trying to add someone to a group chat. After pushing on info, I see the list of the people on the chat. I am supposed to see an "Add button" at the end but it is not there. I only get the options to Hide, Send my current location. and Share my location

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 4:16 PM

Applestore2020 wrote:

I am trying to add someone to a group chat. After pushing on info, I see the list of the people on the chat. I am supposed to see an "Add button" at the end but it is not there. I only get the options to Hide, Send my current location. and Share my location

that means you're in a group MMS which can't be done only for group imessage with 2 or more people.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 4:16 PM in response to Applestore2020

Applestore2020 wrote:

that means you're in a group MMS which can't be done only for group imessage with 2 or more people.

When trying to add someone to a group chat, after pushing i, there is no Add contact at the end of details list. please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.