You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dimensions and weight of the 2021 Mac Mini when packaged for shipping?

Hello! Is anyone able to tell me the dimensions (and weight) of the Mac Mini 2021 when packaged for shipping? Most search results give dimensions of the product itself. I need to know the size and weight of the entire package as shipped by Apple. Many thanks!

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 4:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2021 7:20 PM in response to spangalang400

spangalang400 Said:

"Dimensions and weight of the 2021 Mac Mini when packaged for shipping?: Hello! Is anyone able to tell me the dimensions (and weight) of the Mac Mini 2021 when packaged for shipping? Most search results give dimensions of the product itself. I need to know the size and weight of the entire package as shipped by Apple. Many thanks!"

-------

Ask Apple Support:

These are user-to-user forums. So, for a direct answer to the size, ask Apple Support. They'll have the answer for you upfront.

Weight:

As for the weight, take it to the shipping facility, and they'll weigh it right then and there. Note that Apple pays for the shipping - not you.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 16, 2021 7:11 PM in response to spangalang400

Some years ago when Apple shipped then new 'Mac mini' i7; with the same physical dimensions as now.

Back then, shipping box size was 14"x9"x4". With plenty of wiggle-room & packing. Inside, was retail Apple

product box, with clear shrink-wrap. Product dimension: 7.7-inch square X 1.4-inch tall. Weight: 2.6 pounds.

• Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/

The shipping agent do good job, no evidence of drop-kicking. This should be similar to all they ship.

Actual shape and size is still similar to those from 2014+ With 100% machined-aluminum enclosure

and M1 Apple Silicon system on chip. (Other models with 'Intel-based' Mac specs may be in stock.)

• Identify Mac mini model - Apple Support (newest spec to older spec)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201894

Mac mini (M1, 2020+) 

Model Identifier: Macmini9,1

Part Numbers: MGNR3xx/A, MGNT3xx/A

Tech Specs: Mac mini (M1, 2020)

User Guide: Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Mac mini (2018+) (intel-based mac)

Model Identifier: Macmini8,1

Part Numbers: MRTR2xx/A, MRTT2xx/A, MXNF2xx/A, MXNG2xx/A

Tech Specs: Mac mini (2018)

User Guide: Mac mini (2018)

Minor details in shape, weight, external packing, or specs may vary.

Estimated shipping wt, add two/three+ pounds. (FedEx/UPS)

Dimensions and weight of the 2021 Mac Mini when packaged for shipping?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.