Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my notes password but it still won’t let me into my previously locked notes and i’m not sure what to do

i reset my notes password and i typed it in to my previously locked notes but it’s still asking for the previous password

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 11:34 PM

Hello Ayaan,

Once you reset the password to the Notes then that action will ONLY affect the new notes that are created and locked. The previously locked notes will always be locked under the previous password. There is no way around this unless you can guess the old password on the old notes that are locked.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 11:34 PM in response to ayaan875

Hello Ayaan,

Once you reset the password to the Notes then that action will ONLY affect the new notes that are created and locked. The previously locked notes will always be locked under the previous password. There is no way around this unless you can guess the old password on the old notes that are locked.

Axel F.

I reset my notes password but it still won’t let me into my previously locked notes and i’m not sure what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.