Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panic Report

Two days ago my Macbook Air suddenly started rebooting at random intervals, and it's quite frustrating as it happens without warning. It gives me the attached panic report. Any idea what might be the cause?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 2:55 AM

You may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 2:55 AM in response to leonk1985

You may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

Apr 17, 2021 5:36 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thanks. I started with Step 1 to reset SMC, but still had the problem. Then I tried Step 2 and it completely prevented me from logging in (when turning on Mac just get a grey screen with a no entry sign) so I presume the error was related to a MacOS issue, so I followed steps to reinstall MacOS and that seems to have solved the issues.

Panic Report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.