Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I not asked for Keychain password?

Why am I not asked for Keychain password but get a color spinning wheel instead.

Apple Support told me to trash NordVPN but couldn't tell me how to do it. Simply trying to trash the application did not work because some extensions were open.

After spending an hour with Apple Support from India, I figured out how. Restarted my MacBook with Internet disabled. Then I was able to trash NordVPN.

Have written to NordVPN about the issue. The VPN had been working fine until about 36 hours ago, and is working fine on my iPhone 8.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 4:13 AM

10 replies

Apr 17, 2021 12:16 PM in response to Enver Masud

Uninstall NordVPN step by step:

• Launch Finder on Dock and click Applications in the Finder sidebar;
  • Search for NordVPN in the Applications folder, then drag its icon to the Trash icon located at the end of the Dock;
  • Also, you can right-click/control click NordVPN icon and then choose Move to Trash option from the sub menu;
  • If prompted, enter administrator password and hit OK to allow the change;
  • Right click on the Trash icon, choose Empty the Trash;

3. Clean up associated files of NordVPN

Now only the icon of NordVPN is gone from your computer, but how could you remove all its related traces out from hard drive? Please follow the steps outlined below:

• Launch Finder, and choose the Go > Go to Folder from the Menu Bar.

• Type ~/Library in the Go to Folder box and hit Enter key to open it up.

• Next type the key word NordVPN in the search box of Library folder, select “Library”
  • Then right click all the items when appeared in the list to Move to Trash
  • Usually, the files hiding this these three folders:
  • /Library/Application Support
  • /Library/Preferences
  • /Library/Caches

• Repeat the seam steps above to clean the leftover of NordVPN by searching;
  • Other files include logs, user data also need to eliminate:

• Once you have removed it, Empty the Trash and restart your Mac.

Apr 18, 2021 2:53 AM in response to Enver Masud

Having the same issue trying to use Line2 like I had with NordVPN. Line2 was unable to Access Keychain, got spinning color wheel. Solution restart MacBook with Internet OFF.

When traveling in many countries one does not have reliable Internet and often no Internet. That's when an App trying to access Keychain freezes. Instead of getting an appropriate error message the user is left trying to figure out a solution in some part of the world where Apple Support is either non-existent or sub-par.

I don't recall having these issues until I upgraded to Mac OS v 11.2.3

Apr 17, 2021 4:38 AM in response to Enver Masud

When deleting some Applications the Drag and Drop will work. Other Applications Require specific Instruction for the Developers of said Application. This is because the installed application spreads parts of itself in various places on the computer. Without the Entire removal - it will create havoc and have unintended consequences. It would appear NordVPN falls into the second category.

As for having a VPN on macOS - Under Normal Operations VPNs are not required. There are generally two circumstances where a VPN may be needed. Connecting to Banks and / or Mandated for connection to Corporate working Off - Site

Apr 17, 2021 1:45 PM in response to Enver Masud

In the Normal usage of macOS and Hacking - unless the User gave access to the machine with the Required User Account ( Admin ) Password.

Commercial VPNs purport to keep you data and privacy private and secure. They are in business to make money by selling that idea to people. In reality - the jury is out on those claims.

Why am I not asked for Keychain password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.