Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud folders for photos created on PC do not appear on phone

I have an iPhone and an iPad but no Mac. So I've been using iCloud on my PC to try to organize my photos. I've created folders and subfolders and placed photos where I want them. Working exactly how I would expect so far under iCloud on my PC.

I go to my iPhone, open photos, and I see the folders and sub folders I created on my PC, but they do not contain any photos. I thought, maybe it needs a while to update/upload, but the next day still nothing. I tried turning off iCloud photos on the iPhone and turning it back on, nothing.

I suppose that since the folders are showing up, I could manually "move" photos into those folders, and repeat the process for each device. But it is much easier to move the photos around using iCloud on the PC, and there are 1000s of photos. Plus it seems to me that having to repeat this on each device would defeat the entire purpose of using iCloud and having all my devices signed in.

So in the end, the only thing I have succeeded in doing is creating empty folders (except they're not empty on the PC).

Please tell me there is something simple I am missing.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 10:02 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 17, 2021 11:30 AM in response to MillerRebel14

Partially answering my own question... the photos I was organizing on iCloud were all in my HIDDEN folder. Those photos showed up in the folders and subfolders in which I placed them on iCloud. However because they were all HIDDEN photos, they didn't show up in the folders on my iPhone.

So my follow up is, can I create folders within the hidden folder? Some of these photos are a bit racy, and I don't want them (and their folders) visible every time I open my photos app on the iPhone or on the iPad.

Thanks

icloud folders for photos created on PC do not appear on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.