Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The zero number on my dialing screen lags and takes time to function

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 11:26 AM

The issue happens only when I dial zero on the calling screen only

I am using the latest version of IOS 14.4.2

This issue started 2 months back when I had iPhone 11 max and I bought a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and moved all my apps to the new devise, the funny thing that the same issue that was on my old phone moved to the new one :) I feel it could be an app that is causing this issue but not sure which one! I tried deleting some apps but with no luck!

restarting didn’t help!

when I formatted my old phone the zero worked again fine!

so I believe it is an app but not sure which one!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Brittany1416

The issue happens only when I dial zero on the calling screen only

I am using the latest version of IOS 14.4.2

This issue started 2 months back when I had iPhone 11 max and I bought a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and moved all my apps to the new devise, the funny thing that the same issue that was on my old phone moved to the new one :) I feel it could be an app that is causing this issue but not sure which one! I tried deleting some apps but with no luck!

restarting didn’t help!

when I formatted my old phone the zero worked again fine!

so I believe it is an app but not sure which one!

Apr 18, 2021 10:45 AM in response to jalal23

Hello jalal23,

It sounds like there's a delay after pressing the 0 key on the keypad, correct? We want to see how we can help.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Does the issue only happen when dialing a number, or does that area of the screen seem to be unresponsive at other times, or in other apps as well?
  2. Which iOS version is your iPhone running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  3. Have you always experienced this behavior, or did this begin recently? If it started recently, were any changes made to your device or its settings before this began?
  4. Does restarting your device seem to correct the issue temporarily, or is there no change after restarting? Restart your iPhone

In the meantime, if your iPhone screen isn't working as expected, the information and steps here may help: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

Thanks!

The zero number on my dialing screen lags and takes time to function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.