Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I redeem my free year of Apple TV+ ?

I have an offer from Apple TV. I would like to redeem a 1 year free in the Apple TV app. I guess my free 7-day trial is over, but I have not been able to redeem my free 1 year for Apple TV . How do I do that?

How do I redeem my free year of Apple TV+. I did purchase a new IPad in December, 2020.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 12:53 PM

I did purchase a new IPad in December, 2020.

Unfortunately, the free year offer had to be redeemed within the first three months after first activating your new device. December is four months. Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

17 replies

Apr 19, 2021 10:28 AM in response to Chris Pawelski

If you purchased a new Mac from Apple or an authorized reseller then you would go into the TV app and claim the offer (see below for specific steps)

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the  Apple TV+ tab where you'll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

May 16, 2021 7:17 PM in response to dshfh

If you bought a new iPhone then you would set it up and claim the offer for the free year in the app and it would need to be done on the phone rather than another device. If you were having trouble then you would need to contact Apple support. However, if you went ahead and signed up for the standard 7 day trial you would no longer be eligible for the offer.

Jun 3, 2021 5:16 AM in response to scotomajames

The offer is valid for 3 months after device activation. Not only is is well documented but users are also notified when it is coming to expiry. All offers have expirations so that would be standard. Apple does have a support line which can be used when encountering issues and users are also free to contact about exceptions once it is expired, however it would be within their discretion and most do not.

How do I redeem my free year of Apple TV+ ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.