Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto library

How can I access photos in iPhoto library on Mac on all my devices

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:55 PM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2021 4:59 AM in response to wensamp

Can you tell us more about your Mac? Which system version is installed? Does the system version still support iPhoto or did you upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer, where iPhoto does no longer run?

I have a slightly different suggestion. You should be able to open an iPhoto Library with Photos for Mac, even of iPhoto does no longer run on your Mac. Opening the iPhoto Library on Photos will create a new Photos Library, where your will find all photos and videos from iPhoto, organised in albums and events like in iPhoto, tagged with, title, keywords, faces, locations. This will save the work you did in iPhoto better than exporting the photos from iPhoto.

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Lauch Photos again while holding down the options key ⌥.
  • Release the key ⌥ when the dialog to select the library appears and select your iPhoto Library.
  • When Photos opens the library, go to the Photos > Preferences > General and click "Use as System Photos library", if it is not greyed out. Go to Photos > Preferences > iCloud and enable "iCloud Photos".

With iCloud Photos enabled the library will sync iCloud Photos to all your other devices.

From iCloud Photos

iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.