Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot take screenshots with my iPad

Hello. I used to be able to take screenshots with my iPad by pressing the Power button and the Home button at the same time. But lately it does not work. Have you noticed the same thing? Thanks.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 6:33 PM

The ONLY way to get around thisissue is to use the Accessibility features in the Settings app.

Go into the Settings app, Accessibility, Touch, toggle ON Assistive Touch. Customize Top Level Menu.

You can add menu buttons that show up when you tap the Accesibility software, virtual button that appears on your Home screen.

You can set these top level menu buttons to anything.

One of the options is the create a screenshot button.

OR

Another method, once Assistive Touch is toggled ON

Under Custom Actions, you can assigned a Single tap, Double tap or long press of the virtual Assistive touch button to do a screenshot action.

I use the virtual Assistive Touch screen button and have it setup for a Single tap of that software button to return to the Home screen, Double tap for a screenshot and a long press ( of a certain duration ) to activate the Siri assistant.

Good Luck to You!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 6:33 PM in response to RicMoli

The ONLY way to get around thisissue is to use the Accessibility features in the Settings app.

Go into the Settings app, Accessibility, Touch, toggle ON Assistive Touch. Customize Top Level Menu.

You can add menu buttons that show up when you tap the Accesibility software, virtual button that appears on your Home screen.

You can set these top level menu buttons to anything.

One of the options is the create a screenshot button.

OR

Another method, once Assistive Touch is toggled ON

Under Custom Actions, you can assigned a Single tap, Double tap or long press of the virtual Assistive touch button to do a screenshot action.

I use the virtual Assistive Touch screen button and have it setup for a Single tap of that software button to return to the Home screen, Double tap for a screenshot and a long press ( of a certain duration ) to activate the Siri assistant.

Good Luck to You!

May 8, 2021 6:28 PM in response to MichelPM

Hi. Sorry I replied until now, but your message went to my spam folder in Yahoo since April 17th, and I just checked my spam folder now.

I tried your suggestion, but it did not work. I am already in iOS 14.5.1 but still the same problem.

I need this function very little, so it is not a big problem. Just wished it worked.

Thanks!

cannot take screenshots with my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.