Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading my new mac from i5 to i7

Does anyone know how to upgrade the 12-inch macbook from 2020 from i5 to i7? Because in the specifications it says: "2.0GHz quad‑core 10th‑generation Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 6MB shared L3 cache, Configurable to 2.3GHz quad‑core 10th‑generation Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache."

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:18 AM

T4blesp00n wrote:

You mean I could have asked apple to offer me a macbook pro with the i7 already installed? didn't see it in the apple store

Here are the options when buying a MackBook Pro 13" Intel processor.

2.0GHz quad-core

• 10th‑generation Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 6MB shared L3 cache

Configurable to:

2.3GHz quad‑core

• 10th‑generation Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 8:18 AM in response to T4blesp00n

T4blesp00n wrote:

You mean I could have asked apple to offer me a macbook pro with the i7 already installed? didn't see it in the apple store

Here are the options when buying a MackBook Pro 13" Intel processor.

2.0GHz quad-core

• 10th‑generation Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 6MB shared L3 cache

Configurable to:

2.3GHz quad‑core

• 10th‑generation Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache

May 3, 2021 8:29 AM in response to T4blesp00n

Just as in car shopping, always ask about the options. The i7 option is quite prominent on the Apple web store:

If:

1) you are in the US and,

2) you bought the the computer directly from Apple —either at an Apple retail store or online,

you have a 14-day grace period in which to return the computer for a no-questions-asked refund. Then you can buy another with the processor upgrade you wanted.

If you bought from a reseller, the seller's refund policy—if any—applies:

Full US refund policy here. Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Upgrading my new mac from i5 to i7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.