Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listing of music on iPhone

What does this cirular symble mean on the list of songs on my iPhone pictured here?

The song is also greyed out.

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 9:44 PM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2021 10:36 PM in response to ecnghm99

ecnghm99 Said:

"What does this cirular symble mean on the list of songs on my iPhone pictured here?: The song is also greyed out."

-------

What to Try:

It is likely a glitch between your device and Apple's servers. So, to fix this, two things to try:

A. Authorize the Device:

See if the device needs to be authorized to let this all to be followed through with.

1. Open: Music app
  2. Go to: Account menu
  3. Select: Authorize this device...
  4. Proceed: with the login
  5. See if it all syncs

Or...

B. Cancel all Greyed-Out Songs:

With all greyed-out songs having been deleted, all will likely sync.

1. Backup: your device
  2. Delete: All greyed-out songs
  3. Resync: Music
  4. Wait: for this to resume
  5. Try this once more

Any success?

Apr 18, 2021 9:35 AM in response to TheLittles

Sorry, neither suggestion works.

1. Nowhere on Windows iTunes is there an option to "Authorize Device;" only "Authorize Computer" which is done already.
  2. How do you deleted "Greyed out" selections from the iPhone? I don't see how to do that on the Windows PC. There is no options to delete songs on the iPhone that I can see.

Additionally; The songs that are greyed out on the PC are also greyed out on the iPhone. It seems that all the songs (that is, by a selected samples) seem to not play on the iPhone and there is a message "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

This is all new to me. Before I resynced the iPhone to iTunes for the first time in a year or so, this now happened. Before this sync, I had checked "manually manage music and videos" and adding new albums and songs to the phone. I was not using "Sync only checked songs and videos" as I just did when this came up.

Apr 18, 2021 5:09 PM in response to ecnghm99

ecnghm99 Said:

"What does this cirular symble mean on the list of songs on my iPhone pictured here?: So, I went through the list on the PC showing the phone and those that were greyed out, I deleted them directly on the phone and then resynced. This worked."

-------

You are welcome. And thank you for spreading the word. It will help many for certain.

Listing of music on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.