Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.4.2 in Big Sur 11.2.3 3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 gb Library will not download

I have tried to reinstall the library. no go

I found something about plists and cache and they seem to not exist in Big Sur in both libraries I find zero Garageband.

Have they moved them? onto a Microsoft server?

I have been using Macs for 33 years. I feel like we are in the big slide.

15" MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:30 AM

Did you try the instructions in this support article:

Get more sounds and loops for GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

You might need the latest Garageaband.

2 replies

Apr 18, 2021 7:58 AM in response to Keith Barkley

I am not sure why but my Apple ID or Garageband was not asking for a password. Happened on all three of our computers.

We did find clicking on the box in the upper left corner, maybe it is the library whatsit. Looks like one of those in-out boxes back in the day when we had offices and paper. ;-)

So once they asked for the password, downloaded just fine.

This computer mentioned in the title here took clicking on that box before it requested a password. I even went through a threw out Garageband and all its parts, then reloaded fresh.

My wife's computer sat for a bout 15 minutes and suddenly popped up the request and our Mac mini, slowest computer of the bunch took only 10 minutes.

So for anyone who has this problem, if Garageband has not asked for your main password so it can load new software, that is the problem.

Garageband 10.4.2 in Big Sur 11.2.3 3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 gb Library will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.