Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terminal message: /Users/username/.zshrc:1: no such file or directory:

Hi,

why do I get the following error message every time I open the terminal? Everything seems to be working fine despite this error.

My .bashrc file looks like this:

And my .zchrc file:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:15 AM

The first line in your ~/.zshrc file has no export statement and it is attempting to run that path string as though it were executable. Instead…

export PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}"

The Python.org installer places links to its binaries in /usr/local/bin, and the homebrew package manager puts installed package binaries in that location too. Although I do have a /usr/local/sbin folder, it remains empty as nothing uses it. This is why I changed your PATH to /usr/local/bin. You only need the single PATH above that I have provided in your ~/.zshrc file.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 7:15 AM in response to JohnRim

The first line in your ~/.zshrc file has no export statement and it is attempting to run that path string as though it were executable. Instead…

export PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}"

The Python.org installer places links to its binaries in /usr/local/bin, and the homebrew package manager puts installed package binaries in that location too. Although I do have a /usr/local/sbin folder, it remains empty as nothing uses it. This is why I changed your PATH to /usr/local/bin. You only need the single PATH above that I have provided in your ~/.zshrc file.

Terminal message: /Users/username/.zshrc:1: no such file or directory:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.