Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen clock

Is there an app to display a clock on Lock Screen

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 7:40 AM

Arhh you mean Always On Display Clock. Always On, is a feature on many Android phones with OLED screen, where the clock is visible all the time. This can be done on OLED, as only the pixels to be used to display the clock are on. iPhone's top models also have OLED screen, but unfortunately they do not have this feature yet.

You can probably download an app that can mimic the Always On function, but the downside will be that your phone is not locked while showing the clock in the app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 7:40 AM in response to mngirl1016

Arhh you mean Always On Display Clock. Always On, is a feature on many Android phones with OLED screen, where the clock is visible all the time. This can be done on OLED, as only the pixels to be used to display the clock are on. iPhone's top models also have OLED screen, but unfortunately they do not have this feature yet.

You can probably download an app that can mimic the Always On function, but the downside will be that your phone is not locked while showing the clock in the app.

Apr 19, 2021 7:20 AM in response to Community User

I think what you are referring to is the clock on the "home screen" possibly? My friend has an android, and there is a widget to have the lock screen, or the typically black screen, have the clock on it all the time. I have found a few apps in the app store, but you need to click on the app to open it, and it does not remain ON after your phone times out back to the black screen. See attached photo.

Lock Screen clock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.