Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

auto-lock

I want longer times for auto-lock for iPhone. iPhone offers 30 seconds up to 5 minutes - too short! At least the iPad offers a more reasonable 15 minutes.

can I change iPhone lock times?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 2:25 PM

You can send a feature request to Apple via this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

There has been to my knowledge, after being on this forum for many years, little to no people complaining the auto-lock time frames need to be changed. Since they haven't changed since iPhone was released long ago, I wouldn't hold much hope for Apple to change this. But feel free to let them know your thoughts.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 2:25 PM in response to Gaither8

You can send a feature request to Apple via this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

There has been to my knowledge, after being on this forum for many years, little to no people complaining the auto-lock time frames need to be changed. Since they haven't changed since iPhone was released long ago, I wouldn't hold much hope for Apple to change this. But feel free to let them know your thoughts.

May 2, 2021 6:49 AM in response to paulie74

We get what you want. We all users on this user to user only forum and iOS isn't designed this way. Instead, you can set your iPhone to Never for auto lock, then when you want your screen to lock, simply tap the side power button once and your screen will lock. That's not really very difficult to manage, tbh.

You can provide a feature request to Apple, but I wouldn't expect this setting to change since it's been this way since forever. Use this link to send feedback --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

May 2, 2021 4:24 AM in response to paulie74

Yes it is not possible that way either.

I think you can make a Shortcut, so when you connect your charger, the Auto-Lock menu opens and you can select Never from there.

But a decidedly full automatic function does not exist.

Apr 18, 2021 12:27 PM in response to Gaither8

After 5 minutes, you can select "Never" and the phone will never lock.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to select other auto-lock times on iPhone.

Apr 27, 2021 5:15 PM in response to billfromlomita

If your iPhone and iPad have installed, for example, a Mail account from your work or school, then the option to select "Never" may be removed. This is due to security and information protection.

auto-lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.