Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my notes password

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 1:09 PM

chetan143 wrote:

I’m reseting the password but it’s not opening

The newly reset password will apply to notes you create in the future. Of course, it can do nothing for notes created in the past. If it could, then anyone could simply create a new notes password and open any previously created note.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 1:09 PM in response to chetan143

chetan143 wrote:

I’m reseting the password but it’s not opening

The newly reset password will apply to notes you create in the future. Of course, it can do nothing for notes created in the past. If it could, then anyone could simply create a new notes password and open any previously created note.

Apr 18, 2021 1:05 PM in response to chetan143

You cannot reset the password for an encrypted note; if you've forgotten the password it will be inaccessible:

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

I forgot my notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.