Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book says some updates can not be installed

my Mac book says when I download the update and try it says some updates could not be installed

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:01 PM

sweet155 Said:

"mac book says some updates can not be installed: my Mac book says when I download the update and try it says some updates could not be installed"

-------

Please Specify:

What updates are you referring to? More informaton would help.

How to Update:

I. First, Create a Time Machine Backup:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the update.

II. Then, Proceed with the Update:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe Mode, login items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

B. Install while in Safe Mode:

See if you can install this in Safe Mode, if a normal boot does not work after the reboot.

C. Try a New Admin:

For temporary use, create a new administrator, and see if you can install it through that user. Once all is installed, remove this new user you have just set up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 7:01 PM in response to sweet155

sweet155 Said:

"mac book says some updates can not be installed: my Mac book says when I download the update and try it says some updates could not be installed"

-------

Please Specify:

What updates are you referring to? More informaton would help.

How to Update:

I. First, Create a Time Machine Backup:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the update.

II. Then, Proceed with the Update:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe Mode, login items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

B. Install while in Safe Mode:

See if you can install this in Safe Mode, if a normal boot does not work after the reboot.

C. Try a New Admin:

For temporary use, create a new administrator, and see if you can install it through that user. Once all is installed, remove this new user you have just set up.

mac book says some updates can not be installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.