Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So basically I get told to check my billing information every time I go to download anything, including free things. Every time I update it it never works. Can I get some help?

this just doesn’t want to work for me

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 8:33 AM

Do you have a payment method in your account details?

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods, you must have a functioning payment method in your account, even for free apps.

Often, the system asks for you to verify the payment method, something only you should know, to make sure that it is you using the account. What many folks overlook, is that when verifying the payment method they must fill in the 3 digit code from the signature line of the card.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.3; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 8:33 AM in response to Quentinroot

Do you have a payment method in your account details?

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods, you must have a functioning payment method in your account, even for free apps.

Often, the system asks for you to verify the payment method, something only you should know, to make sure that it is you using the account. What many folks overlook, is that when verifying the payment method they must fill in the 3 digit code from the signature line of the card.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.3; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

So basically I get told to check my billing information every time I go to download anything, including free things. Every time I update it it never works. Can I get some help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.