Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore original Camera App

My camera app wasn't working and I followed the instructions and it said

to uninstall the camera app and reinstall, where is the original camera

app located on an iphone 12 mini so I can reinstall it?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 9:01 PM

The stock Camera app cannot be completed deleted from your iPhone. It can be removed from the Home Screen however it will still reside in the App Library.

From your Home Screen, SWIPE LEFT and continue to swipe left until you reach the APP LIBRARY which is the last page. Locate the Camera app in the App Library. It may be in a folder described as CREATIVITY (There is a possibility that it may be in another folder). Once the Camera App is located in the App Library, then you can TOUCH & DRAG it out of the App Library and on to your favorite Home Screen.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 9:01 PM in response to Metro9999

The stock Camera app cannot be completed deleted from your iPhone. It can be removed from the Home Screen however it will still reside in the App Library.

From your Home Screen, SWIPE LEFT and continue to swipe left until you reach the APP LIBRARY which is the last page. Locate the Camera app in the App Library. It may be in a folder described as CREATIVITY (There is a possibility that it may be in another folder). Once the Camera App is located in the App Library, then you can TOUCH & DRAG it out of the App Library and on to your favorite Home Screen.

Axel F.

Restore original Camera App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.