Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Mac OS Big Sur from verifying every time I open a microsoft office app?

How do I stop Mac OS Big Sur from verifying every time I open a microsoft office app?

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 6:11 AM

Right-click on each Microsoft Office application and choose Open. This will produce a brief verification progress panel, and then you may receive another dialog informing you that the application is from a third-party developer. If this panel has an OK button, click that and the application should launch. This should be a one-time ritual to authorize each MS application with Apple's Gatekeeper, and afterward, each will launch normally.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 6:11 AM in response to Angela_Kat

Right-click on each Microsoft Office application and choose Open. This will produce a brief verification progress panel, and then you may receive another dialog informing you that the application is from a third-party developer. If this panel has an OK button, click that and the application should launch. This should be a one-time ritual to authorize each MS application with Apple's Gatekeeper, and afterward, each will launch normally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.