Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I help my friend to find his iPhone

How can I help my friend to locate his lost iPhone

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 7:08 AM

7 replies

May 9, 2021 1:25 PM in response to aqeel134

aqeel134 Said:

"How can I help my friend to locate his lost iPhone"

-------

Two Things:

A. Backtracking Locations:

Have your friend backtrack his locations.

I. Start Here:

II. Getting this Back:

• Backtrack your Locations: If at a coffee shop, stop in, and ask it if was placed aside.
  • Check with Local Authorities: Perhaps it was found and was turned in.
  • Ask Others: Check with Other you know (i.e. friends, family members, co-workers, peers, and neighbors)

III. Looking Elsewhere:

Based on Prior Experience: Look under the pillow or on the desk, or under the seat of your car. It might be sitting there. I thought I lost mine, but, they it was in the palm of my hand, interestingly enough.

And...

B. Modify Credentials — ASAP:

Someone might steal his credentials, and access his data. As to who it is, there is no way of telling. So, immediately considering to perform the following is best at this point:

May 9, 2021 2:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I see that you are correct about the "on any computer browser", although how would anyone who is using the FindMy app know about that approach?

You are simply wrong though about the "from your phone", at least from my Iphone 7 and my (latest) IOS. Tapping help a friend allows me to sign into icloud either with my own account (which finds only MY devices), or to start signing in with my friend's account which most definitely sends a 2-factor code to the lost phone not to mine. It would be great if it worked like icloud.com/find -- but, no, it presently does not.

How can I help my friend to find his iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.