Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help resetting my password. I do not remember my password but when I try the “forgot password” it’s asking me for my old phone number and I do not remember it. Is there another way to reset my password?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 10:23 AM

See if you can get a Rescue or Notification  email option.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, you can use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 10:23 AM in response to faustina224

See if you can get a Rescue or Notification  email option.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, you can use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

Apr 19, 2021 10:31 AM in response to faustina224

That would mean you are using two factor authentication and it was trying to start account recovery. You can try resetting from all other trusted devices using the same Apple ID following https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

If you cannot you will need to figure out the Trusted phone number you used. Check with friends, family, current and prior carriers to see if you can figure it out as you’ll need to verify that old number as a security measure, but then can provide a new number for contact when account recovery is completed.

While their online support article says for forgotten password, account recovery steps are also for a new phone number if you can’t sign in to update the number. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.