Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How or who to ask why a post has been removed?

This is getting silly… someone keeps removing my threads in this community where I ask why some posts of mine have been removed without contacting me to explain the reason.

Then I receive a boilerplate e-mail from Apple Support Communities Staff that doesn't answer my question and it states that when a post is removed they contact the original author to explain why it was pulled.

So, how should I ask for such an explanation?

May you super users and mods at least answer to this tiny and innocent question without deleting this thread?😞

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 10:47 AM

5 replies

Apr 19, 2021 2:11 PM in response to XFox

Do you authorize me to post the links to those threads and the content of my deleted message so that maybe you can explain me why they have been deleted?

You will learn that a) we can't "authorize" or explain anything as we are all just end users like you and have nothing to do with running these forums and b) the hosts are the decision makers and c) the last sentence in the ToU states the defining terms - they can remove any post for any reason. Here is a link to the ToU:

https://discussions.apple.com/terms

You will also find an email address for the hosts in that document. You can ask them; however, do not necessarily expect an explanation or a way to "negotiate" the decision.

Apr 19, 2021 10:53 AM in response to XFox

If your post is a response to a post that was removed then your post is also removed as a result of the original removal. It would make no sense for your post to remain if the post you responded to was no longer there.

For example, if your post above is removed for whatever reason, my response will also be removed. I will not receive anything explaining why my post was removed. It only makes sense that my post would make no sense if your post was removed and mine remained.

Apr 19, 2021 2:01 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Yes, in such cases I may agree with you (even if an automatic e-mail message stating that your post was removed because it was a reply to a removed post would not hurt).

However my posts were all direct replies to OP's first post of the thread and all the threads are still there.

I can prove my assertion but I'm actually fearing that if I post links to the referenced threads or if I write too much about what happened my message will be deleted…

Do you authorize me to post the links to those threads and the content of my deleted message so that maybe you can explain me why they have been deleted?

How or who to ask why a post has been removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.