Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an Accessory Setting that will allows verbal commands to the Camera App on an iPad?

i have an iPad, version 5, with iPadOS 14.4.2. I am a Post Stroke Survivor, with limited use of my light hand. Because of my disability, I have difficulty taking photos or videos. Is there a feature in Acessories Setting that will a user to verbally tell the camera to snap a photo and start/Stop a video recording. This would be really advantageous for me, since holding the iPad is sometimes difficult to do, while trying to snap a picture or trying to find the home button to start and stop a video

if a feature is not available, how can I tell Apple iPad Designers that this feature might be useful for a futureiPadOS?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:22 AM

Hello Darrell R Coe,

We understand you're looking for a feature that'll allow you to verbally tell your iPad to take photos and videos.

You can Use Voice Control on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to navigate and interact with your device using you voice to tap, swipe, type, and more. Please note this feature isn't available in all countries or regions.

You can also read more about built-in features that work the way you do through this link: Accessibility

If you have a feature you'd like to request, please use this link: Product Feedback

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Darrell R Coe

Hello Darrell R Coe,

We understand you're looking for a feature that'll allow you to verbally tell your iPad to take photos and videos.

You can Use Voice Control on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to navigate and interact with your device using you voice to tap, swipe, type, and more. Please note this feature isn't available in all countries or regions.

You can also read more about built-in features that work the way you do through this link: Accessibility

If you have a feature you'd like to request, please use this link: Product Feedback

Cheers!

Is there an Accessory Setting that will allows verbal commands to the Camera App on an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.