Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi question

My WiFi is restricted by itself, I can’t turn it on again, and I can’t find the setting to turn on WiFi restriction

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 11:08 AM

罡政 Said:

"WiFi question: He said that WiFi is turned off, you can go to the settings to turn on WiFi for this app, but I can't find it in the settings to turn on WiFi in this app"

-------

Thank you for translating that.

Location Services, Perhaps?

Who is "he"? Is this someone you do not know? If so, I'd ignore it. If yes, then Location Services seems to be what he is referring to.

This may be what he is referring to: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. As the site reads: "iOS and iPadOS devices might use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to determine your location. GPS and cellular location are available on iPhone and iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) models."

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 11:08 AM in response to 罡政

罡政 Said:

"WiFi question: He said that WiFi is turned off, you can go to the settings to turn on WiFi for this app, but I can't find it in the settings to turn on WiFi in this app"

-------

Thank you for translating that.

Location Services, Perhaps?

Who is "he"? Is this someone you do not know? If so, I'd ignore it. If yes, then Location Services seems to be what he is referring to.

This may be what he is referring to: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. As the site reads: "iOS and iPadOS devices might use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to determine your location. GPS and cellular location are available on iPhone and iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) models."

Apr 20, 2021 4:52 PM in response to 罡政

罡政 Said:

-------

What Comes to Mind:

There is no particular way to enable or disable an application in Settings. So, maybe it is a setting in the application itself. What is the application? Do this link work for you?: This may be what he is referring to:Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Apr 19, 2021 8:58 PM in response to 罡政

罡政 Said:

"WiFi question: My WiFi is restricted by itself, I can’t turn it on again, and I can’t find the setting to turn on WiFi restriction"

-------

Please Clarify:

What do you mean "restricted itself"? Are you locked out? If so...

• Restart the Router:

If you cannot get in, then restart your router, by powering it off for 30 seconds, and then powering it back on.

• Single Out this Device:

Also, see if any other device(s) you have work with the Wi-Fi.

• Try Later On:

Perhaps there is utility work is going on down the street, and services are down at the moment?

WiFi question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.