Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iphone

Hi

I recently lost my iphone and a few hours ago i received an sms saying my Iphone has been located but when i click on the link provided to locate it, it does not work.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 11:54 PM

Do not respond to the SMS, it is the thief trying to trick you into signing ointo your AppleID account to steal the password.

It is very fortunate that the link did not work. If you did manage to type in your AppleID password change it immediately.

I am guessing the network provider sent you a replacement SIM on the same number?

Guess what, the thief took your SIM out on day 1 and worked out the number by putting it into another phone..

You are in no danger but do not respond.

This time put a SIM lock on the SIM in case you lose it again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 11:54 PM in response to sabelo274

Do not respond to the SMS, it is the thief trying to trick you into signing ointo your AppleID account to steal the password.

It is very fortunate that the link did not work. If you did manage to type in your AppleID password change it immediately.

I am guessing the network provider sent you a replacement SIM on the same number?

Guess what, the thief took your SIM out on day 1 and worked out the number by putting it into another phone..

You are in no danger but do not respond.

This time put a SIM lock on the SIM in case you lose it again.

Find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.