Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask Siri to play your music from your own library through the HomePod Mini

I purchased a Homepod Mini and want to play music from my Itunes. Every time I ask Siri to play ANYTHING on the Homepod it only plays from Pandora, NEVER anything from my Library. Pandora is set as the default player but even if I change it to Apple Music then Siri just tells me I don't have an Apple Music subscription.

Is it possible to play music from my own library on my Homepod without buying an Apple Music subscription?

The Homepod is the restroom and I want to play music while I am in the shower, so I cannot bring my iPhone into the shower and use Airplay.

I cannot find any answers on Apple support pages so I came here. Thanks in advance for any help/solutions anyone can offer.

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 2:16 AM

Siri on HomePod is able to play from your unhidden music purchases, your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes, or supported services such as Pandora. If you want access to your own media collection without a subscription you are limited to AirPlay.

tt2

3 replies

Apr 22, 2021 4:56 AM in response to turingtest2

Wow, I purchased the Homepod mini to play my music while I'm in the shower. I feel as if I have to BUY the device AND pay to use it. That just doesn't seem fair. I wish you knew these things prior to purchase. Apple would be kind to say "Apple Music Subscription required to use Siri with your Itunes library" sort of thing. I doubt I would have purchased the Homepod Mini because it cannot do what I need without paying a monthly subscription.

Thank You for the answer any way!

Cheers!

Ask Siri to play your music from your own library through the HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.