Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to make use of iTunes gift card

Just purchase an iTunes gift card which was activated by the seller then I tried to redeem it and says unable to redeem just because it isn’t activated properly or so

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 2:25 PM

rasak96 Said:

"Unable to make use of iTunes gift card: Just purchase an iTunes gift card which was activated by the seller then I tried to redeem it and says unable to redeem just because it isn’t activated properly or so"

-------

What to do:

I. You Need to Contact the Seller:

Whomever the seller is, they need to log themselves out of this, if not your account.

II. Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, tail to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

III. Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what I read on these forums.

Go Here:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 2:25 PM in response to rasak96

rasak96 Said:

"Unable to make use of iTunes gift card: Just purchase an iTunes gift card which was activated by the seller then I tried to redeem it and says unable to redeem just because it isn’t activated properly or so"

-------

What to do:

I. You Need to Contact the Seller:

Whomever the seller is, they need to log themselves out of this, if not your account.

II. Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, tail to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

III. Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what I read on these forums.

Go Here:

Unable to make use of iTunes gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.