Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Data from 1 Apple ID to Another?

I currently am using a gmail email account as my Apple ID. However, I want to create an iCloud email account, and begin using that as my Apple ID.

My question is can I keep and transfer all the data (pics, etc) from my current / gmail Apple ID to the new iCloud one? Or would I lose everything?

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 6:23 PM

You can simply use that gmail based AppleID to make an iCloud account. Just sign into iCloud on any Apple device you own with that existing AppleID. You’ll be walked theough the steps to make an @icloud.com email address and set up the iCloud account based on that existing AppleID. In that case, both the gmail primary email and the iCloud email will be synonymous logins to the same AppleID and all the same data.

E.G. my AppleID uses my own domain email as the primary email address. That is the AppleID I used to make an iCloud account with (and thus which also transferred my older @me.com address to the same iCloud account). I can use either my own domain email address, my iCloud email address or my @me.com email address to login to the one and the same AppleID. All three emails are synonymous logins to my one and only AppleID, and thus the same data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 6:23 PM in response to Wanderful_Fox

You can simply use that gmail based AppleID to make an iCloud account. Just sign into iCloud on any Apple device you own with that existing AppleID. You’ll be walked theough the steps to make an @icloud.com email address and set up the iCloud account based on that existing AppleID. In that case, both the gmail primary email and the iCloud email will be synonymous logins to the same AppleID and all the same data.

E.G. my AppleID uses my own domain email as the primary email address. That is the AppleID I used to make an iCloud account with (and thus which also transferred my older @me.com address to the same iCloud account). I can use either my own domain email address, my iCloud email address or my @me.com email address to login to the one and the same AppleID. All three emails are synonymous logins to my one and only AppleID, and thus the same data.

Transfer Data from 1 Apple ID to Another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.