Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage

The “system” and “other” are taking up more than 33 GBs of my iPhone storage. My phone’s storage is only 64 GB; therefore, I don’t have enough storage left. This problem has been occurring for years now, I’ve deleted tens of apps and thousands of pictures and videos but the taken up storage never reduces. So, I concluded the problem would only be solved if I found a way to delete the storage taken up by the “system” and “other.” Please, help me delete it.

All the love ❤️

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:03 PM

The only way to gain storage space on your phone is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. Always restart after deletions. Check these links...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 7:03 PM in response to nnnnooorra

The only way to gain storage space on your phone is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. Always restart after deletions. Check these links...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.