Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sounds like the apple ipad is useless and not worth purchasing

Why do I have so much trouble downloading apps on my ipad. It keeps telling me that the app is not compatible with the iPad. What can I do?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:25 PM

Your profile states that you have an iPad 2 with iOS 9. That iPad was released in 2011, so the device is 10 years old and will not support the latest iOS. Consequently, it cannot support the newer apps. It is an obsolete device now. It was worth it when it was released, but is no longer a viable device as you have discovered. If you need newer apps, then you are going to have to get a newer device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 7:25 PM in response to Junebug-58

Your profile states that you have an iPad 2 with iOS 9. That iPad was released in 2011, so the device is 10 years old and will not support the latest iOS. Consequently, it cannot support the newer apps. It is an obsolete device now. It was worth it when it was released, but is no longer a viable device as you have discovered. If you need newer apps, then you are going to have to get a newer device.

Sounds like the apple ipad is useless and not worth purchasing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.