Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Safari from suggesting strong password

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:41 AM

I should have added: and not get rid of autofill. I HAVE strong passwords for what's IMPORTANT. but most sites are not important. and don't tell me that a hacker could get through to financial stuff. I read my statements. anything amiss I get rid of.

3 replies

Apr 21, 2021 2:27 AM in response to jack oso

Autofill credit cards, contacts, and passwords in Safari on Mac -- The strong, hard-to-guess password is suggested to you when you have iCloud Keychain set up on your Mac. 

Set up iCloud Keychain -- Before you turn it off, review the information in this article to see what the benefits are of using iCloud Keychain. Scroll down to the "Frequently asked questions" section for the information.

Apr 21, 2021 7:17 AM in response to jack oso

jack oso wrote:

I should have added: and not get rid of autofill. I HAVE strong passwords for what's IMPORTANT. but most sites are not important. and don't tell me that a hacker could get through to financial stuff. I read my statements. anything amiss I get rid of.

Use wrote " How to stop Safari from suggesting strong password "

One seems to contradict the other - no! or am I missing something here.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.