Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 Battery Drain from 50% to 7% overnight without using it

I got Iphone 12 128GB model, just 3 months old. in last few days my iphone-12 Battery is draining from 50% to 7% or 5% or shutdown overnight without using the phone.

i have attached the screen shot please validate it and support me with a solution. If you see the screenshot, the battery drained from 50% and if you see the usage its NULL .

How come the battery drain from 50% to 7% without usage ?

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 8:18 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2021 5:09 AM in response to prakashl

Hello,

Start with the standard steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

Note: Many people consider it a best-practice to put the phone on a charger overnight:

1. You start the new day with a fully charged phone
  2. iCloud backups occur automatically (assuming a Wi-Fi connection)
  3. Software updates occur automatically (assuming a Wi-Fi connection)
  4. If something bad happens overnight, you know where your phone is and it is at least partially charged 

Good luck.

Apr 21, 2021 8:58 AM in response to MrBill3

Me.Bill3,

Please read my problem and refer the screenshots clearly .

you can see there in no usage during that time period, but the battery has drained from 50% to 7% without any reason.

Battery health is 100% and I don’t see any activity during this battery drain from 50% to 7%

please get me a proper solution or any support, will be appreciated.

Iphone 12 Battery Drain from 50% to 7% overnight without using it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.