Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k offline movies

hi fellas

I understand that apple tv can not download itunes movies like ipad. Is there a plan for adding that option??

My son is watching over and over again same cartoons, and everytime he watches I lose my quota form service provider, and also sometimes connection problems causes lags or stopping.

So I have 64gigs on the device why can't I use it like my ipad

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 1:02 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2021 4:38 AM in response to Mr_Beam

iTunes Store movies can be downloaded on a computer and streamed locally on your home network through Home Sharing. Then you wouldn’t exceed the quota from your internet service provider. Playback is controlled from the receiving device.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

iTunes Store movies can be downloaded on a computer or iPad or iPhone and streamed locally on your home network through AirPlay. Then you wouldn’t exceed the quota from your internet service provider. Playback is controlled from the sending device.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen - Apple Support

NB: the streaming device may verify the content against your purchase history by a short ‘ping’, so it wouldn’t be completely offline.

Apple TV 4k offline movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.