Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding Photos from previous iphone in iCloud?

Hey All,

I was told when I got my new phone a few years ago my (then current) iCloud contents wouldn't be erased... but I'm now going back to try and find the photos that would have been uploaded say from 2016-2019 on my iCloud and I'm not seeing anything... Can someone help?!

thanks

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 11:30 AM

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in the old phone, the photos should be viewable at www.icloud.com in the Photos app there as well as on any of your other devices (using the same Apple ID) where iCloud Photos is turned on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you did not have iCloud Photos turned on but did have an iCloud Backup, the backup can be used to do a full restore (not just photos) of a device or to setup a new device but you cannot otherwise view the contents of an iCloud Backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Juliathoren

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in the old phone, the photos should be viewable at www.icloud.com in the Photos app there as well as on any of your other devices (using the same Apple ID) where iCloud Photos is turned on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you did not have iCloud Photos turned on but did have an iCloud Backup, the backup can be used to do a full restore (not just photos) of a device or to setup a new device but you cannot otherwise view the contents of an iCloud Backup.

Finding Photos from previous iphone in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.