Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

law and crime popup balloon

Starting three days ago or so, every time I log onto my MacBook Air, a popup balloon appears in the upper right corner of the screen. Its title is Law & Crime. I try clicking on it and nothing. In the App Store it is available to download but I haven't downloaded anything onto my Mac from the App Store. I don't know where it came from but I would like to get rid of it. It apparently came as perhaps an attachment/Malware from something else. I have a MacBook Air 2020, running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3. Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:25 PM

I have not subscribe to the YouTube channel you described but ran EtreCheck as you suggested and as a result found the offending site in System Preferences Notifications list and turn off notifications. It doesn't explain how it got there but I'm satisfied for now.

Thanks you your help babowa.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 6:25 PM in response to babowa

I have not subscribe to the YouTube channel you described but ran EtreCheck as you suggested and as a result found the offending site in System Preferences Notifications list and turn off notifications. It doesn't explain how it got there but I'm satisfied for now.

Thanks you your help babowa.

law and crime popup balloon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.