Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Update Find My iPhone?

I just recently get a update of Find My iPhone but when I click update, the update cancels it by itself and ask me to update again. How to update it?

iPod Touch 5th Generation.

iOS 9.3.5 if i’m not wrong

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:37 PM

10 replies

Apr 22, 2021 7:20 PM in response to Calvin_BT

Not that I have found. I could dream up scenarios where if you had a copy on a device and could get it off using an old iTunes version from back when you could save apps you could then transfer it to a different device of similar age. Basically Apple long ago abandoned iOS9 and may not even be aware that this is still appearing for some of us. I don't know the mechanics of how the store works. It is listed and goes through the starter motions of downloading but apparently is not actually there. Some kind of ghost app.

May 3, 2021 7:40 PM in response to Calvin_BT

Frankly I don't fret it. Yeah, it's puzzling and mildly annoying when I see it and forget that I have gone through all this before. I am fully cognizant that Apple long ago abandoned support for iOS 9 and who knows what residues remain in the system. I just use my iOS 9 equipment for what it can do and use my newer (but still quite old) equipment for the rest.

May 4, 2021 9:42 PM in response to Calvin_BT

I don't know if it would upgrade it. As I said, I think it is an error in the store presentation and that the items was either misrepresented as being for iOS 8, or it was removed long ago as newer versions were released but the page was not updated. Some developers keep multiple versions available on their page but Apple tends to only make things available for the last couple of iOS versions and pull anything older. Find My iPhone no longer even exists on anything, it was replaced with Find My which integrated the Find My Friends app into the same app. So as far as APple is concerned it has disappeared from corporate memory.

How to Update Find My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.