Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many bluetooth connections on new Apple TV 4K 2021?

I wonder how many bluetooth connections the new Apple TV 4K 2021 allows? The old one (2017) has 3, which makes it hard to connect another one like steering on my smart trainer racecycling with Zwift (already the Apple remote, smart trainer (tacx) and Iphone (Zwift Companion) are connected, which adds up to three, while steering would be so nice to include without Ant+ having to set up. the specifications Apple supplies on theri website does not indicate it, except that we now have Bleutooth 5.

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 1:42 AM

11 replies

Apr 23, 2021 5:27 AM in response to roemervtoorn

Hello roemervtoorn, 

It sounds like you want to know how many Bluetooth devices or accessories you can have connected to your Apple TV, and we'd like to provide some information. 

"Your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD can support several Bluetooth accessories simultaneously, up to this many:

• One Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote*
  • One Bluetooth keyboard
  • Four MFi (Made for iOS) Bluetooth controllers (Unless you also connect a Bluetooth audio accessory. If so, you can connect only one MFi controller).

You might be able to pair more accessories, but at some point you may need to unpair others to allow for new ones. Some apps let you use an iOS device as an additional controller, which doesn't require Bluetooth. For help using an iOS device as a controller in an app, contact the app developer."

You can find more information about using more than one Bluetooth accessory under the "Use more than one Bluetooth accessory" part of this page: Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV

For more details on connecting Bluetooth devices to your Apple TV, please check out this link as well: Connect Bluetooth devices to Apple TV

Thanks!

May 22, 2021 11:15 PM in response to Kuan2001

Basically the new Apple TV 4K is not much of a real update for Zwift users if you have already an Apple 4K. And real pity Apple did not put M1 chip in it, or more recent chip, comparable to iphone SE latest version, but instead opt for rather old chip (2.5 years old). Does this mean other device for gaming is in the pipeline. This apple tv already now feels outdated.

May 24, 2021 1:00 AM in response to roemervtoorn

Since you are a ZWIFT fan I'm sure you know of DC Rainmaker. Check out his latest blog post about the new 2021 Apple TV4K version and I guess it seems like the same problem will still be there in terms of multiple bluetooth connections on ZWIFT.

Check out the link and it mentions that you need the ZWIFT companion app for multiple connections

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2021/05/zwift-edition-different.html

Im a huge fan of playing it on my iPad Pro makes life so much easier or a MacBook would work too without any of this drama.

How many bluetooth connections on new Apple TV 4K 2021?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.