Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time Data

Hi, I've just noticed yesterday (April 21, 2021) that my screen time usage went so high compared to April 20. I've been only using my mac for about 3-4 hours a day and was shocked to see a 22-hour usage. I usually put my mac to sleep as well. What are those grey bars and why are they adding up to my screen time data? Many thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 8:11 AM

Hello sanleo_,

It sounds like you have some questions about Screen Time. We will be happy to assist you.

When you see the grey indicators, it generally means those items do not fall into other predefined categories. These can be things like "Other", "Creativity", "Social Networking", and so forth. Do you have backups running, or do you have applications running when you're not using the Mac? Also, do you have any other devices sharing Screen Time? If so, you may be seeing reporting from those as well.

Use Screen Time on your Mac

We hope this helps!

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 8:11 AM in response to sanleo_

Hello sanleo_,

It sounds like you have some questions about Screen Time. We will be happy to assist you.

When you see the grey indicators, it generally means those items do not fall into other predefined categories. These can be things like "Other", "Creativity", "Social Networking", and so forth. Do you have backups running, or do you have applications running when you're not using the Mac? Also, do you have any other devices sharing Screen Time? If so, you may be seeing reporting from those as well.

Use Screen Time on your Mac

We hope this helps!

Cheers!

Screen Time Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.