Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini and garage door

How can i control my Meross garage door controller with my HomePod Minis?

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 2:40 AM

Hi ! Simply ask to your HomePod "Hey Siri, open my "garage door"

The HomePod will tell you to continue on your phone, and you'll have a Siri notification asking you to confirm the opening on your iPhone.

Why ? Because Siri don't let voice command or automatisation do door and garage door opening. It's a security measure. You can't disable it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 2:40 AM in response to nicholas s

Hi ! Simply ask to your HomePod "Hey Siri, open my "garage door"

The HomePod will tell you to continue on your phone, and you'll have a Siri notification asking you to confirm the opening on your iPhone.

Why ? Because Siri don't let voice command or automatisation do door and garage door opening. It's a security measure. You can't disable it.

Apr 23, 2021 7:30 AM in response to kestralsanmorn

My door name is already a password. I’m asking through HomeKit which is also a layer of security because Siri knows my voice. I’m in my home so location services should know it’s me. I think I should be able to open my garage door from my HomePod minis. I can tap the garage door fob control from anywhere near my home and open the door, so is Liftmaster violating some security protocol by allowing me to do that? I think not. Apple should be able to fix this and still satisfy their security requirements.

HomePod mini and garage door

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.