Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I could not change the apple id to the old phone. I want to insert my daughter apple id as she will use the phone but it was failed. It keeps asking my apple id and password. What should I do?

I could not change the apple id to the old phone. I want to insert my daughter apple id as she will use the phone but it was failed. It keeps asking my apple id and password. What should I do?

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 10:13 PM

This is an anti-theft measure. Apple has no idea that her new phone was handed down from you. In order for your daughter to register her own Apple ID on the phone, you must first remove your Apple ID from that phone.

On the phone you are giving to your daughter, go to Settings. Tap on your name at the top of the Settings page. All the way at the bottom of the next page, tap on "Sign Out". Follow the instructions. When you have successfully signed out of your Apple ID, your daughter will be able to sign in with hers. Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 10:13 PM in response to jarikakiku

This is an anti-theft measure. Apple has no idea that her new phone was handed down from you. In order for your daughter to register her own Apple ID on the phone, you must first remove your Apple ID from that phone.

On the phone you are giving to your daughter, go to Settings. Tap on your name at the top of the Settings page. All the way at the bottom of the next page, tap on "Sign Out". Follow the instructions. When you have successfully signed out of your Apple ID, your daughter will be able to sign in with hers. Good luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.