Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sms/text message

basically i’ve been trying to turn my messages back to imessage instead of having them as text message, but i don’t have an option to turn off or on sms. i really don’t know what else to do??

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 12:27 AM

You don't turn on or off MMS or SMS. You turn iMessage off or on.

Check these settings. Go to Settings | FaceTime. Make sure that FaceTime is turned on. Confirm that FaceTime is logged in to the correct Apple ID. Under that, confirm that both your phone number and email address are checked under "YOU CAN BE REACHED BY FACETIME AT". Then confirm that your preferred Caller ID is checked for new threads that you originate.

After that, do the same for iMessages. Back out of FaceTime and go into Messages. Make sure that Messages is turned on. Then scroll down the page, making sure that each feature is set as you desire. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 12:27 AM in response to hotarou_ko

You don't turn on or off MMS or SMS. You turn iMessage off or on.

Check these settings. Go to Settings | FaceTime. Make sure that FaceTime is turned on. Confirm that FaceTime is logged in to the correct Apple ID. Under that, confirm that both your phone number and email address are checked under "YOU CAN BE REACHED BY FACETIME AT". Then confirm that your preferred Caller ID is checked for new threads that you originate.

After that, do the same for iMessages. Back out of FaceTime and go into Messages. Make sure that Messages is turned on. Then scroll down the page, making sure that each feature is set as you desire. Good luck.

sms/text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.