Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Safari Opens Random Websites (MacBook Air) macOS BG SUR 11.2.3

Hello

My safari opens random websites. how I can stop it, without any new apps >> ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 4:16 AM

Launch Safari holding the Shift key down and test.

Restart your Mac. On restart Apples built in Malware Removal Tool will come into play.

Malware Removal Tool

Should malware make its way onto a Mac, macOS also includes technology to remediate infections. The Malware Removal Tool (MRT) is an engine in macOS that remediates infections based on updates automatically delivered from Apple (as part of automatic updates of system data files and security updates). MRT removes malware upon receiving updated information, and it continues to check for infections on restart and login. MRT doesn’t automatically reboot the Mac.

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/protecting-app-access-to-user-data-secc01781f46/1/web/1

Other than the above posted step, a user may need to use a third party app to check for adware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 4:16 AM in response to catalinafromnew castle

Launch Safari holding the Shift key down and test.

Restart your Mac. On restart Apples built in Malware Removal Tool will come into play.

Malware Removal Tool

Should malware make its way onto a Mac, macOS also includes technology to remediate infections. The Malware Removal Tool (MRT) is an engine in macOS that remediates infections based on updates automatically delivered from Apple (as part of automatic updates of system data files and security updates). MRT removes malware upon receiving updated information, and it continues to check for infections on restart and login. MRT doesn’t automatically reboot the Mac.

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/protecting-app-access-to-user-data-secc01781f46/1/web/1

Other than the above posted step, a user may need to use a third party app to check for adware.

My Safari Opens Random Websites (MacBook Air) macOS BG SUR 11.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.